Disclaimer: Information for Healthcare Professionals
The information provided on this website is intended solely for healthcare professionals and is for informational purposes only. It does not substitute professional medical advice and should not be used for diagnosis or therapeutic decisions. It is recommended to consult a qualified healthcare professional before taking any action based on the information provided. We do not assume any responsibility for damages arising from the use of the information on this website. By accessing the website, you agree to this disclaimer as a healthcare professional.
Optogait is an innovative system for movement analysis and functional assessment of patients with normal or pathological conditions.
The system is equipped with optical sensors working at a frequency of 1000 Hz and having an accuracy of 1 cm, detecting the relevant space and time parameters for gait, running or other test types.
The objective measurement of such data, combined with an integrated video acquisition, allows monitoring of a patient’s condition on a constant basis, detecting problem areas, assessing mechanical inefficiencies and rapidly verifying the existence of asymmetries between the two legs.
The software platform allows easy storage of all tests carried out and the ability to recall them instantly if necessary. This allows the development of a customized patient recovery plan. It is also possible to compare very quickly and easily data of tests carried out at different times, in order to assess the validity and the efficiency of the methodology applied.
OptoGait make it possible to:
- assess objectively the patient’s general physical conditions
- identify deficiencies, postural problems and asymmetries on the basis of data and videos and determine how the patients’ performance is being effected
- develop and apply therapeutic-rehabilitation applications, rehab approaches and orthopedic solutions on the basis of precise data
- prevent of relapses, complications and involutions of the pathological
- periodically verify the results and the efficacy of treatment
- motivate patients giving them tangible proof of improvement
- compare post- and pre-accident values if available
- verify, in a dynamic situation, the efficacy of arch supports, insoles or functional tapes
- compare various shoes and their effect on the patient’s gait
OptoGait is a Medical Device (MD number 467316/R of Italian Ministry of Health MD Directory) compliant to 93/42/EEC Directive with the subsequent 2007/47/EC.